You can tell any kind of story with this project. My goal for this project is that you use ‘new-to-you’ technology tools to create a video that includes audio- narration and/or music sound track in class (although planning for this project should happen outside of class). There is no time requirement, although I recommend no more than 10 minutes.
Think of this assignment as practice for incorporating Digital Storytelling into your classroom. Your digital story can;
- tell the story of you (serve as an introduction to a new class)-Autobiography
- retell a story/fairy tale/myth/legend
- retells a story about a famous figure-Biography/place/event covered in your Standards
- reflection on a life event
- movie trailer for the documentary you hope to create in the future
Consider the following elements when planning and producing your Digital Story;
- Point of View – What is the main point of the story and what is the perspective of the author?
- A Dramatic Question – keeps the viewer’s attention and will be answered at the end.
- Emotional Content – issues that come alive in a personal way and connects the story to the audience.
- The Gift of Your Voice – personalize the story.
- The Power o the Soundtrack – music to support and embellish the story.
- Economy – using just enough content to tell a story without overloading the viewer.
- Pacing – the rhythm of the story and how slowly or quickly it progresses.
On Tuesday, we will demo software that you can use to produce/publish and promote.
Here are a few of my digital stories from my past classes.